Mission & Doctrine
Camp Rise and Shine Mission Statement
Camp Rise & Shine is an independent faith work and is non-denominational in fellowship. Our purpose is to minister to the physical, social, and spiritual needs of youth; that young people may come to know Jesus Christ as Savior, and that they may be encouraged to live for Him.
The camp is incorporated in the state of West Virginia as a non-profit organization for religious, charitable, and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Rules for acceptance in the camp program are the same for everyone without regard to race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
1. We believe that the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, is the infallible Word of God, was verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit in it’s original text, and is the final authority for faith and practice.
II Peter 1:21, II Timothy 3:16&17
2. We believe that there is one true and living God eternally existing in three persons – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit – having the same nature, attributes, and perfection.
John 4:24, Matthew 28:19, Jeremiah 10:10, Hebrews 3:4, I John 5:7
3. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but fell from his holy and innocent state by his own voluntary transgressions, by which all mankind became sinners.
Genesis 1:26&27, Romans 5:12
4. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin in order to redeem sinful man.
Matthew 1:18-25, John 3:16
5. We believe that Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His substitutionary sacrificial death on the cross and resurrection from the dead. This redemption is the gift of God by grace and received through faith in the shed blood of Jesus.
Romans 3:24&25, Romans 4:25, Ephesians 2:8&9
6. We believe that Satan is a real and living adversary who at every opportunity seeks to thwart God’s plan and purposes. The Holy Spirit empowers every believer to resist Satan through the shed blood of Christ. Satan’s ultimate destination is the eternal lake of fire.
I John 3:8, Hebrews 2:14, Ephesians 6:10-18, I Peter 5:8&9
7. We believe that it is the duty of all believers to live for Christ and to proclaim the Gospel to all mankind.
Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8, II Corinthians 5:19&20, Matthew 28:19
8. We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ and in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment.
Matthew 24:27, Acts 1:11, John 5:28&29, John 14:1-3, I Thessalonians 4:16&17